Have you decided to change your name after the wedding, than this is for you. To help you here are answers to the most commonly asked name change questions.

1. When should I change my name?
You must wait until you receive your official marriage certificate to begin the process. Call the clerk’s office where your license was filed to get copies if one wasn’t sent to you automatically.

2. What documents do I change my name on first?
Start by changing your name on your Social Security Card. Next, change your photo identifications including your passport and driver’s license followed by all of your accounts, bank accounts, loans and mortgages, credit cards, utility companies, subscriptions and memberships.

3. If I’m hyphenating do I need to go through a formal name-change process?
Yes! A hyphenated name is legally considered a new name.